17.9.13

Difficulties of a Beginner

I have very little background knowledge in the the category of graphic design. Really, the extent of said knowledge lies in Photoshop, and even there, I only really know how to adjust the lighting and colour in a photo, maybe get rid of a blemish or two.

I didn't have time this weekend to work on my initials due to a thoroughly and previously planned engagement, and I was pretty bummed to have to wait until I got back. A battle was in store, for sure.

I tackled Illustrator for a ridiculous amount of hours just so it could do the simplest things. On the bright side, because of my repeated effort, I'm learning, and I'm already working on it a little bit faster. This week, I just gotta buckle down and give it all of my attention.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad! A lot of us are still learning the software. I, for one, hate Illustrator with a fiery, burning passion. But I'm learning to use it a little more each day. You're not alone! :) Also, you have really come a long way with your designs. I'm really digging your typographic FAB. I wouldn't have guessed that you were inexperienced. So don't get yourself down about it, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I really like your designs. Have you had a background in graphic design? You seem to be quite aware of how to use the programs and how to balance elements properly in designs. Both of your logos turned out fantastic.

      Delete