11.11.13

Project 4: Sketches and Scan For Cover

Last week, I was collecting information for the book cover. I didn't have my book with me, so it was a little difficult to find text online. But, I managed. So, here's a page of mostly writing. I divided the scenes, the ghouls, their mannerisms, and Ghulheim.


Then, I did start sketching out vague ideas. They're very light, so I had to mess with the midtones and contrast and brightness. Apologies for the wonkiness. 


Today, I finally figured out how I want the cover to be. I think I also want the illustration to kind of be a wrap around, so the graves continue on the back cover, underneath the synopsis.

I want the illustration to be made up of mostly silhouettes, and if I figure it out, make the ghouls kind of wispy and see-through.

The description for this scene is that the ghoul gate is met with a wall of graves. eventually the wall ends and an open desert is met, scattered with bones and rocks. The sky is a sickly red and the sun is small, cold, distant. The three ghouls toss Bod back and forth and the make their way over the graves and road. 





No comments:

Post a Comment