3.10.13

Project 2: Final Brand Decision


Skeleton Crew is not only a record label, but it is also a clothing company. Additionally, S//C likes to think of its customers as family. So, in my advertisements, I want to try to convey all three elements: music, clothes, and family. 

S//C is an underground-ish company (it's known more because of its founder Frank Iero, who was the guitarist to the band My Chemical Romance. However, since he has left the company, and since the band has broken up, a lot of S//C's popularity has kind of quieted down) that sinks its roots to the New Jersey music scene. 

I'm excited to make advertisements for this brand, but I also feel a little nostalgic. The associations that are tied with it go with my favourite band that doesn't exist any more. Also, because this is more of a punk-oriented label, their organization isn't the best that it could be. Organization is in the back of their minds, so I've been having to dig through obscure tags on tumblr to find some material that I think I may use for the ads.

And really, I don't know why, but I feel like this project is a little harder to get a proper start on. I haven't sketched yet, but I have been going through countless of sources, trying to find images that I can piece together and convey the right feeling for this band. It feels like I'm wasting time, but every time I try to actually get something on paper, like a tag line or a general idea of the way the ads should look, my brain kind of stops and nothing happens.

Ah, well, the weekend is coming, and I'm hoping to utilize it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment