30.10.13

Project 4: Book Covers

The book I want to do for the next project is called The Graveyard Book and it's by the wonderful Neil Gaiman. I love all of his works, there isn't a single terrible one; or if there is, he's very good at hiding it.

But The Graveyard Book. It's my favourite one. This is the cover that I've always been used to: 

US version

I did some research, and there a great many of covers! Like the:

UK version


Alternative adult version

Alternative US version

And another


Special Edition version

With pages that have alternative covers in them

Yet, another alternative [I'm not sure if this one is a real cover, though]

Then, we go into international quarters.

Polish version

Italian version

French version

Another French version

Chinese version

Russian version

Lastly, there are the fan-made versions!







It seems I'm not the only one who loves The Graveyard Book. There are a lot of sources and influences for me to look through, which is awesome, and hopefully ideas will start going through my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment